Monday 14 May 2012

Life's Little Gift

Happy Mothers Day! 


This is a picture of me and my Mom. 
I must be in the 6 or 7th grade here. 
I was wearing Chip and Pepper. 
We were in the mall and I probably had to beg my Mom to take these with me. 
I know that the machine spits out 4 pictures. 

I wonder what happened to the other two. 


This is one of me and my "other" Mother. 
She has been in my life forever and as long as I remember. 
This picture is from my wedding 7 years ago. 
I look so young and fresh. 
I didn't have kids. 
I had time to focus on me. 
I had time to sleep. 
Time to read, rest, think, do things one at a time instead of 10 things at once at full speed. 
Kids make you crazy. 
Kids also make you love.
Deeply.


They ask you lots of questions. 
They make you think. 


They remind you to laugh and giggle. 
Sometimes they even remind you to slow down.

Sometimes...


They make you a very extra special breakfast prepared all by them (and some help from Daddy) to remind you that it is the simple things that matter. 
Time together.


They remind you to observe more, play more and play dress up more.


They remind you to explore and create. 




Brunch this year was at my sisters. It was also her birthday. 
Sister was turning older...didn't matter though.
She had the best present of all already.


This sweet soul with eyes that follow her every move and smiles that remind her how powerful and big love can truly be.


All wrapped up in it here.


You watch them as they grow. Each day faster. 


Changing.


Right before our eyes. 


We try for a four generation shot...





Think we got a few.

I love old hands and I love baby fingers. 
This shot is magical. 


And I love the closeness of this one.


Going in for the big smooch. 

The guys cooked. 
Fancy egg tartlets with turkey bacon and garden chives...



Grandpa prepares the Mimosas 



Then we feasted...



It was perfect. I mean...look at the size of that croissant! 


We rolled ourselves away from the table and took some more pictures...
Trying for the Mother shot here...
Baby H was not so into it as you can see...


So we gave up and moved on. 

Great Grandma and her little birdies...




Perfectly imperfect I think. 
Natural and real. 
Captured the moment entirely.

So happy that I captured this one of my Grandma. 
She amazes me with her wisdom and desire to learn.
Her will to keep moving forward and remain bright. 


Plus she always rocks the best shades! 


99 this October people! 


The family lounged while I caught a quiet moment...

To reflect.
Wonder. 
Remember. 
Her. 

Our Kate. 
Her spirit lives on in everyone's hearts and pink garden blooms. 

Reminding us that we must be present and live intentionally everyday. 

That relationships with others are truly life's gift.

They are the light that bring us all together.


Together. 
Me and my babies. 

I took this one on the way home in the car...


Instagram. 

Sure I look older and not as fresh...a few more wrinkles, but I also have so much more love and gratefulness in my heart than ever before. 
I am learning to slow down and observe. 
I am learning to remember moments and to be in them also.
I am learning to reflect and wonder. 
To sit and play as well as inspire and guide. 
To practice self care and to also give my everything. 
These are the battles and I face everyday as a Mother and a person.

Thankfully I have these two to help remind me of what it is all really about...



and 

 I 

love 

it. 


- E

3 comments:

  1. Love your touching words- you make me laugh and cry, and I so proud of the woman and mother you have become❤u

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet morning read, thank you for being you and sharing that with so many. I love knowing you and all your family. Looking forward to your next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me half an hour to read your moving blog because my eyes kept filling with tears. THANK YOU for sharing these beautiful pictures and your heartfelt thoughts. I am honored to be your other Mother.

    ReplyDelete