Sunday 17 July 2011

Just Run

This is such a random post.

Very random as I have been working in the backyard all weekend (trenching, shovelling, lifting, raking, weeding) and the thought of moving any part of my body makes me cringe.

Every muscle in my body aches.

Aches...but for some reason I have these thoughts in my mind that have been swimming around for quite some time now.

I feel the need to start running.





I have always wanted to run.

To be able to call myself a runner.

But...alas...I am not a runner.

I have excuses.

Like...

It is raining.

I am tired.

I will walk first then run (only I never do).

I just need to clean this bathroom, fold this clothing, wipe this counter...

I am really not feeling like it today.




See...

Good excuses.

Okay...lame excuses...really lame.

I used to move more.

Now I just chase after a toddler.

I need to move faster. I want to sweat it out and firm it all up.

I need to get my body in gear and MOVE.


Like this girl.

Who is this girl? 
Who cares...she is rocking and I want it!

I want to be strong.


I want to see my body change and I want to feel it. 


I want this to be me. 

I want it. 

Come on people...join me! 

Lets Move.

Lets Ride.

Lets Walk.

Lets Run.

Lets Swim.

Lets Do it.

Lets just MOVE!!!

Jump in...try...do...push...hurt...feel...live. 

I am inspired to try. 

In fact...I am planning on starting this week. 

I am going to start a walk run routine in the evenings.
 When the kids are in bed and the mosquitos are out.

 Me and the trails. 
Me and my shoes. 
Me and the pavement. 
Me and the possibilities. 

I really really want to do this. 

This and calling on my old friend Jillian. 
I need her. I really really need her. 
I need to use her more. 
Have her yell at me. 

Push me. 
Challenge me. 

I will meet up with her next week. 
A Mom can only do so much.
I want it to last. 
I want to be realistic. 

Make it possible. 


I can do this. 
I will do this. 

Lets go...

E. 


1 comment:

  1. Get dressed
    Put on shoes
    Stretch
    Run until that tree
    Walk when the tree you picked out is beside you
    Run again when you hear 'run' in your mind (don't wait)
    Walk Run Walk Run Walk Run
    Then the world will shift, it will become a little more dazzling and your breath will be easier and your body will move fluidly
    Once you're done
    Stretch
    Drink water.
    After that the next time you are debating running, you'll know why you are gonna go no matter all the other distractions:
    It just feels that good E, go girl!

    ReplyDelete