Tuesday 2 August 2011

Whirl Wind

Word.

It has been a long long time.

So much has been happening and I really don't know where to start...so how about here...


Yes another ferry ride...we really should consider moving. 
But we can't. 

Timing.
Family.
Life.
Loves.
Stuff. 

One day.


He can't get enough of it. No sense of time or distance. 

Oh to be a kid again. 


Thank-fully Auntie Dell was on board to help wrangle the kids this time. 

It can be exhausting.
Especially when we catch the 6.
Especially because Baby A is just a go go go. 


It was a beautiful ride. 
One day I will lay on the lifejacket containers again and fall asleep.
Not a care in the world. 

Maybe in another 8 years. 

Until then I keep on drinking lots of coffee and packing lots of extra snacks.


The 6 ferry puts us downtown at about 8:30. 
Baby A crashed. 
I wish I could have too...but somebody had to drive us there. 

We settled in with the lovely Greys for the night and woke up ready to party! 


Younger B was turning 4. 


There was lots of food and...


Presents. 


Baby A and her gladiator sandels. So impractical. 
SO impractical. 

But doesn't she look cute?


There were lots of dogs...


And homemade cupcakes. 

They were sooooooo good. 

I am limited on the pictures...chasing babies and all...but I did manage to get this telling shot...


Little T.
So tired. 
But having so much fun...till the end.

The next day began with a lot of playing.



Sprinkler jumping and bike riding. 

I managed to get in a run to Willows beach with Leanne and for the first time actually LIKED running. Dare I say I enjoyed myself? So much in fact that I am still doing it 3X a week! 
I know!!!
She inspires me like that. 
Pushes me and challenges me. 
I miss her. 
Already. 

The Greys packed up their camping gear and hit the road for some family time and we deiced to stay for a few more days. 


Playdough time.


Car playing time.


It was a lets ride our bike down to the village for a snack kinda day.


With this cutie. 


We hit my favourite place...my I want to open one day kinda place.

Crumsby's. 

If you are in Victoria and have kids check it out.


It has real food. 
Not processed and a play area for the kids. 
Coffee, cupcakes and corralling. 

Perfect. 

It lasted about 30 min. 


Then it was time to go...


We went back to the house and made some yummy dinner 


and had some more laughs. 

I watched Eat Pray Love. 

I had read the book so I was interested in the movie. 

I liked it. 

Reminded me to SLOW down. 

If only for 5 min. 

Ding ding!!!


Beacon Hill Petting Zoo!


Little piggies! 


Beacon Hill petting zoo is awesome. 
Entrance is by donation.



Lots of animals to look at.


Kids can climb and yell.


Interact with the ponies.


Sheep.


Little E pines for a Guinea Pig.


And you can pet the goats. 


Babies.


She wasn't sure what to think. 
So many goats. 


You can brush the goats. 
Little E loved this part. 
He chased them around with that brush.


Here a goat, there a goat. 
Everywhere.
A goat goat. 


SO many I had to lock her in. 
"Don't look Baby A...the goat is pooping!"
Potty talk.
Dear lord. 
Has it really come to this?


This little fella climbed up, up, up!!
Miss S loves it! 


Then it was time to wash our hands and go. 


Not before getting a shot of these funny looking fellas. 
Shaved Lammas...or alpacas?
I should have payed more attention in school.
Whatever. 
They were wearing hairy Uggs and I thought it was funny.


We headed over to the grass and had ourselves a picnic. 
I love these kiddies too! 
And there Momma...she is the best ever. 
Seriously. 
Known her FOREVER and EVER. And ever. 

Always.


Cherries. 
Lots of Cherries. 
Miss S loves her cherries!! 


Little E learned to climb a tree...Miss S does the safety spot.


Then gave me her pose. 
"Auntie Erin...take my picture!"


Found her own tree...this girl can climb!


A wee walk so baby A could stretch her legs then off we went. 

It was a great day. 
Nothing too crazy...then dinner at the Cousins!


Little E and Little J trying to synchronize there smiles. 
I liked it that they couldn't. 
Now that was funny.

But...

Not as funny as this one was...


Baby A knows how to polish off a cup of Island Farms! 

Chef Mike made pasta and sauce and when she was done she looked like she had just had a Lindsay Lohan spray tan. 
Then after the yogurt...well...as you can see a bath was needed. 
We wont get into how that went now will we Auntie D???
 Lol...

Lets just say that we all had a good laugh. 

Well, some of us anyway. 

Did I remember a change of clothes? 
No. 
Of course not. 


Thank-you Auntie D for the awesome jammies! 
She looked so cute. 
So cute.

Some swing time/playtime ensued...



And then I had to pry my sons hands off the swings to get him to come home. 
He loves the swings. 
He loves his cousins too.
But the sun was setting and it was getting late. 

"E...LETS GO!!!"

Thanks again you guys for an "eventful" night 
(between the eating and the bath time - LOL!) 
and having us over last min in the middle of the work week! 

Lets do that again. 
Little E wants to watch Fantasia with Little Jo Jo when J goes to bed
 (that is what he told me tonight at dinner anyway). 

Well...what to do on our last day in Victoria? 
What else? 

A little Sushi lunch with the Bossi Crew and Amy!! 

Baby A gets some cuddles...




Little E loves hanging with the Crew.
Especially with Super Boy. 

I love it cause I can see them all and these lovelies too...


My girls. 

I heart them so. 

I miss them so.

I will see them again soon though. 

Yummy sushi...a semi-private room...semi-co-operative kids...good conversation...

Great end to a great extended long long weekend. 

We hit the 4 ferry home. 

Toddled around the boat with the kids. 



Little E led the way...I stole this shot. 

It will melt my heart forever. 

They are growing up.

FAST.

Faster. 

So I try to just BE.

Enjoy the MOMENTS.

 I have to remind myself that it is about being IN the moments that count the most everyday. 



Ah...yes...it is good to finally be home. 

E.

1 comment:

  1. Always love your posts Erin - I keep meaning to ask you which lens you use - I love your all your shots :) We will be at Leanne's this weekend - I must check out that Crumbsy's !!! Talk to u soon, hopefully we will be able to hook up that play date - and our photoshoot too I guess :)

    ReplyDelete