Tuesday 5 April 2011

Whistler or Bust

I have been meaning to blog.

But this week has been hectic.

And it is only Tuesday. Tuesday?

Tuesday.

Feels like at least Thursday...did I mention it has been a long week already?

I am tired. I am stressed. I am overwhelmed.

With what?  Well, that will be a whole other post...you want to know what happened in Whistler right?

So lets begin...

I tried to pack light (not like the other Mommas... eh hem...not mentioning any names here..MEGAN! Lol...)



and even painted my toes cause they were looking haggard. I am liking the pink these days.



I was so excited and had some time to kill while waiting for Mr.Man to come home with the car I even snapped some pictures of me. Doing...NOTHING!

Here is one...

It was hard to fake smile for myself.

Enough idle chatter...lets get to it!

The drive was good...one stop for pee break and water. Lots of chit chat about kids, life, careers (or lack of) in the car as well as hopes for the weekend. The weather was on and off, some rain, some sun. Sun Glasses went on then off...on then off.

I digress...

We drove into Whistler and met up with the other Mommas and settled in.


I pulled out the trashy mags and they were devoured one by one. Everyone wanted to know if Bachelor Brad and Emily were dunnzo. Apparently sources say they are and that Suri is more doomed than ever. 

That discussion was followed by hours of great conversations about anything and EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING...not that it can be repeated here...but I will tell you...way more than the usual Mom talk at the playground. 


Beautiful Megan listens to crazy talk...


While Christie pours the vino for Momma Nicole...Leanne giggles...

Yes the wine was a flowin', but not to worry...we were responsible and didn't have too much. Really!! 

We made an amazing simple, fresh dinner of Salmon, Salad and Rosemary Potatoes. So good. We all helped out (I took photos and drank). 


Moms pitchin' in


Chef Leanne prepares the fish


She should have her own show. 

She had a bit of a cough...so I suggested she take a swig of this little diddy...


FIREBALL
...every medicine cabinet should have some.


Someone even set the table (thanks Christie!)

The condo had a great BBQ so we cooked up the fish and then sat at our lovely restaurant drinking, feasting, laughing (did we cry then?), sharing, remembering, asking, telling, and listening. It was really one of my favourite parts of the trip. So was this part...


Heading to the Hot Tub. Forgot our flops. It was funny. Us in our big boots.
Maybe it was just wine funny...


Love these Mommas

After the tub and mucho moro sharing, talking, listening, laughing, dreaming, and planning we went back to the room and fell into bed.  

And woke up to this...


You cant really see it but a light blanket of snow had fallen in the night and the sun was shining.
 Oh Whistler...how I heart you. 

 So we all got cleaned up and dolled up and hit the path to the Village while Leanne went and did some cross country skiing. She said it was magical. I wish we had all gone...but us Mommas wanted to rest. 


Creekside

But then we felt lazy so we decided that a walk to the Village would give us the little exercise we were craving as well as be a great way to soak up some Vit.D. 



However...Mr. Sun had other plans. The 45 min walk consisted of sun, rain, snow and wind. 4 seasons in one day. It was so worth the walk. Now we didn't feel guilty about sharing this...


Megan and our Man beer. 

Dam was it good. Or were we just really thirsty? No...it was that good. Real good. So was the sushi. Yum. I Love sushi. 




Christie and I with the Man Beer.

After lunch and trading recipes, we hit the Village Stroll and spent some dough. The kiddies got Crocs and Umbrellas from the Hatley store and Mommas got COFFEE!!


Did I mention that it was SO sunny? Perfect. 

 I agonized over a jacket and took the plunge...the Mommas got some jewellery, some got un-mentionalbles as well as some clothing. It was a good day for all of us. 


 Can you see me...or just my BIG hair?

Back to the room for some sleep, mindless reading, chatter and wine. Then it was 7pm. Time to get crackin! We all got dolled up and felt good. 


Hawt Mommas!


Meow


We were trying to "pose". 
It was not easy. 
Specially being surrounded by the sink, fridge and stove.


Christie's Camera got the good ones...

We had big grand plans of rippin' it up all night...old school style. 



But alas...by Jove...we all kinda realized that the best part of this whole weekend was staring us literally in the face. 



The best part that so easily could have been overshadowed by the buzz of the village and the twinkling lights was US. 



We were all together, all looking and feeling fabulous, maybe a little hungry - okay a lot hungry, but we were here! Together. 

That my friends was what the weekend was about. Just being together, sharing together, laughing together, eating, drinking, shopping, walking, talking, and just...being.   


Can't wait until next year Mommas. 


E.








2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I think next time we should just order pizza and spend all night in the hot tub playing 20 questions :)

    Nice captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Erin. What a weekend to remember and captured so perfectly by you as always!!! I'm going to print this one out for the journal too.
    Love ya,
    C

    ReplyDelete