Thursday 31 March 2011

Messy

What a day.

I seem to have been running about 2 hrs. behind all day. Probably why the kitchen looked like this.





Yes

I am not ashamed. I am REAL people. This is what it looks like almost everyday at least 3 times during the day. Before I put the gloves on and clean.



I did the HUGE Costco shop too so that makes it even messier as we arrived home just after lunch. Only...we hadn't eaten lunch. The kids were cranks. Avery had this particular fingernails down the chalkboard whine that was on skip for about 20 min until I threw some teething biscuits on her tray.

What a mess.

She is the MESSIEST EATER EVER. I am talking food everywhere, hair, clothes, face, ears, nose, diaper, even her feet.

So today I got smart and stripped her before her meal of penne pasta. Good thing I did.

Exhibit A.


Isn't she so cute though. I heart her so.

Easton just laughs at her when she makes a mess. He was so tidy and neat. He practically came out of me wiping himself with a napkin when he was born.



He was and is so neat.

He is so particular about having his hands clean and not dirty. Just like Mr.Man. He is the same. Neat. Together. Tidy.

Whenever we go out for dinner and get paper napkins we always compare. His napkin is always folded into a neat rectangle and mine is always scumpled up in a messy ball, ripped or covered in food.

We are so different in that department. I am jump in with both feet (okay...whole body) and he is a one toe at a time man.

One. At. A. Time.

I think that we rub off on one another so we do things less frantic or less turtle like. 6 years later and we are still checking out each others napkins. The metaphor for our lives.



Well...back to baby A.

She appears to have no concenrs with the amount of yuck she gets into.  In fact she appears to love it.


YAY!


Ya. Chillin.  


What? 


I love brushing my teeth. I have 4.  

But...every good food party must come to an end so when the whine record went back onto skip it was time to get her out on into the tub. Stat. 


She LOVES the tub. Loves. 


All clean. 

So after I put her down for her nap I went back to this. 


And a little of this...


And my favourite...


Yo. 

Good times. 

After about 30 min of some deep scrubbin' and some good tunes I saw this...



Sparkel. Love it. 

I love clean. I guess it is because it gives me a sense of control. When it is clean I feel I have some control over things...when it is not clean I feel out of control. I feel disorganized and overwhelmed. Clean is good. Clean is hard though. 

Good thing I have my little helper...


He's awesome. 


Best toilet paper stacker ever. Bar None.


I may get a phone call from child protection services for this one. It was his idea! 
(Don't worry...we recycled it)


And found a new fun thing to do. 
"Momma, take my picture!"

That is what it is all about. These moments. Simple. Uncomplicated. Easy.

Real. 

Finished the day off with some yummy homemade Pizza. And...another load of dishes. 


C'est la vie.

E.



Off to pack my bags now for a much needed girls trip to whistler. I won't be blogging until I get back so be sure to tune in Monday as I am sure there will be lots to report!! 












1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog Erin. Always puts a smile on my face :-) Enjoy your much deserved weekend... can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete