Monday 18 April 2011

Taking a Trip

So we have decided to take a trip. 


Just the two of us.

Meandering through a magical city...holding hands, venturing down cobble stone streets, stumbling upon little bistros and local eats.  Sleeping in 600 thread count sheets and not making the bed.  Having drinks in the swanky lounge before stepping out for dinner, laughing at foamy milk mustashes from yummy cappuccinos and devouring fresh, locally sourced eats. 

So where are we going? Where can we go to get it all? In 4 days? I will give you a hint...




San Francisco. I have never been. Have you? 

It is a place that I have always wanted to go and explore. So much culture, art... and FOOD!! I am SO excited. Mr. Man has already sourced out a dinner spot and I our Hotel. 

I wanted to stay in a Boutique hotel. Big hotels are okay...but they are like a machine. HUGE conference rooms, huge restaurants and 1000's of rooms. Overwhelming. 

They are nice yes...but if we have a choice and are kid free...I would take the boutique experience any day. AND...because we are doing it all on POINTS...giddy up! 

Plus I get to FLY!! Yay!!! I love flying...it has been too long. Trying to remember the last time...New York?

Eastons first flight aka...every parents worst fear. 

That trip was fun.  He was a trooper. The plane ride was perfect. He slept the whole time and was only 6m old. I am leery to travel now with them though. The fear...the horror. 

It doesn't matter though...we will be KID FREE! I know though that I will miss them as soon as I have a moment to sit and be still. I will miss their energy, wonder and questions. 

But... without the kids we can go here...



And do this...



And this...



So as I prepare for this little getaway...I thought I would share some eye candy with you all of what I would "like" to wear roaming the streets and going for yummy dinners and museum gazing. 

Exhibit A: Spending the Day in Union Square or Running Here and There


Shopping Day
Unfortunately our budget, mortgage payment, basement renos, gas, and food bills prevent me from actually wearing any of these items.

Especially the purse.

A measly $3000. Nothing right? A few lattes?

Although...the Aviators are almost mine... They are a major purchase so I have to be sure. Okay...I am sure.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bracelets and the earrings. I am so attacted to gold these days. Summer, bright, yellow, soft, with just the right amount of glittery...gold.

The shoes I imagine to be comfortable. IMAGINE...I said.

Not that they would be...but since I am imagining here and dreaming...they WILL be comfortable.  So comfortable in fact  that I can wear them ALL day, look hot and feel sexy in a size 9 shoe.

I am going to see about that lip stick too. Red. Looks fab, but am I a red lip stick girl? She is...



I will explore the possibility.

Exhibit B - Dinner Out #1


Dinner Out

I am drawn to these colours. Soft. Romantic. Summery. And feathers.

I am loving the feathers. I need to find some that don't make me look like I am going to fly away. Any one seen any? Love the corset look of the dress and of course those shoes...I heart them. They heart me. But the fact is that I would kill myself and probably countless others falling over in them. Loving the lippy. Soft pink. Feminine and fresh.

Mr. Man hates the jacket. Maybe I do too. But apparently it is cool in San Francisco. I thought I was going to California people!! Apparently I can hope for 16 degrees.

Lets move on...

Exhibit C - Dinner out #2


Dinner 2

I LOVE this dress. The whole thing. Colour, cut, pattern, fabric, and length. Can I get one please! It is only $275. I could wear it again. Like when I pick up Little E from kindergarden. Or when I dash out for milk?

Feathers again. See...I am drawn to them. Can't go wrong with Black Louboutin's. Yes PRICEY at $865, but  dam they are so friggin HOT. The clutch has its own entity...I dig the skull clasp. Braided bracelet is rockin. I think the outfit is a little more late night than the other number. I'm just sayin' (not like I have a CLUE about what I am doing - yes I do! I am having fun).

Exhibit D - A day at Alcatraz and then Some Street Car Action.



Shopping 2

I like the boots. It really started there. Frye make AMAZING boots. They are just this AMAZING price. But...if you only have to buy them once, if they are a classic style, if they are a classic colour, if they are super comfortable, totally rad and go with everything...just do it.

Seriously. I know it is a HUGE investment, but the untrained, thrifty, bargain hunter fashionista in me knows where to spend her dollar. Shoes and Jeans. Your feet take you everywhere and you wear jeans ALL the time. Well, maybe you career types only on the weekends.

I want to say handbags too. but I am not there yet. GASP!

I know. I am working on it. I LOVE that bag above, but it is $420 or something. I know...in the world of handbags it is nothing. Nothing. But dam that is one expensive bag to me. I would love it. I would carry it everywhere and keep it clean and organized...but it would still be a HUGE investment. The more I write about it the more I want it.

Lets move along.

Feathers. See. I am loving them!!! That bracelet is sweet and it is only $19!! The Sweater is to keep the cold off me and I like the asymmetrical vibe. Put together, but not really.

Again with the aviators! I need to invest. The time has come. I have convinced myself.

Now only if I had another $10,000 to put together the other outfits! Lol...I could go to Paris instead. I could eat, sleep and show my self through San Francisco three or four times for the cost of the 4 outfits.

Reality bites.

If you so desire to have as much fun playing with style, clothes, shoes, handbags, jewlery and everything else...kinda like virtual paper dolls...then check out this awesome site:

http://www.polyvore.com/

And click on CREATE A SET. You can search by style, colour, brand or era. Endless creative possibilities.

Now...GO PLAY.

Have fun...waste time and covet things, beautiful things.
I know I did.

E.

1 comment:

  1. C and D all the way! :)

    I loved San Fran. I went there (sans Alex) just before we were married. I remember that Alcatraz, shopping and the drag show were highly memorable.

    Oh, and that long, windy street - and Chinatown!

    Have a great time. We may follow in your footsteps next year - Alex really wants to see it as well.

    ReplyDelete