Friday 17 June 2011

Kookaburra

Today was a big day for us.

For him...



 Graduation from Montessori Pre-School.


I had seen this amazing "teachers gift" on several blogs that I wanted to try to make. Crayola crayon shadow box letters. Basically it is you, a box of crayons, a cutting board, exacto knife, shadow box frame and A LOT OF PATIENCE. 

No...once you get into the groove it was pretty fun.  Just print out the template for your letter and cover away...


Here is the "C" for one of his teachers...

He has 4.

Word. 

4. 

I enlisted Mr. Man. He is amazing. He is always there to pick me up when I get in over my head. 

Did I mention 4 teachers?


Super cool. 


I loved how they turned out and so did Big E. 



These are the left over dead soldiers that gave their crayon lives for art. 


Thanks guys.

We finished at about 9:55pm. 

We high-fived and sat and watched Conan the Barbarian and noted that Arnold spoke about 20 words through the whole movie (not counting grunts).



Anyways...back to the main event...



 Did I say cap and gown? They really get you...pull at your heart strings. 
Little cutie pies.

There were diplomas and keepsake scrapbooks.

Beautiful songs and smiling faces.

It was a blur.

Like my photos.

I was just in a panic. I should have better prepared myself. I should have relaxed. Instead I was rushing and overlooking things like…shutter speed. Hence the blur. Hence my disappointment. . I should have left my "big" camera at home and just brought the point and shoot.  

I should have, but I didn’t.

Now, I just need to move on.

It is done.

I thank-fully have it on video (Mr. Man’s job) and in my memory to go over and over. 

“Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree…merry merry king of the bush is he…”




He sang and knew all the words.

He knew all the hand motions.

He smiled and he waved at us when he walked out.

We were so proud. 



I held it together and managed to get a few more shaky shots…








I love them all. In all there imperfectness.

I love him. Now I am off to snuggle and watch Monsters Inc. with him on the couch for the 1000 time while little baby A sleeps.


“Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra, gay your life must be.”  

2 comments:

  1. So cute Erin....way to go Easton!
    Krista:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo sweet Erin - look at his little cap and gown. Holy crap. Kindergarten! And I love the shadow boxes. Much more creative then my Sbx GC :p

    ReplyDelete