Sunday 5 June 2011

Is that A Word?

The Sparrows have been busy. This is going to be a long one. 


Easton at Two Chefs and a Table
(alexander Street Vancouver) 


Let me tell you…


Between operation basement blowout and operation displacement…phew…thank goodness it is the weekend.  Yes…I am officially unemployed (insert small squeal of delight) and ineligible to apply for EI (insert whimper).

Apparently coming back from maternity leave to a position that is “no longer” or how did my boss put it…”you have been displaced” is…meh to the government.

Too bad that I had a kid and now have no job to return to…darling…your SOL.  Screw you hard worker for the past 13 years…PAYING INTO EI and never needing to claim. C’est La Vie.  No EI for you.

Just deal.

So I try.

I work it.

I rock it.

I feel it.

I worry...

But my friends….I digress…the weekend wrap…so far…

First…no pictures…(where was my blogging mind!) well except for this one before we left...


Someone is Happy no? 


Friday night was a fabulous dinner at a friends place. Easton had SO MUCH FUN and PLAYED so well with the adorable little Matthew.  The lovely Maricelle made a feast let me tell you...their new home is going to be/is AMAZING! I was envious of their playroom…again…wish I had the camera. 

Seriously. 

Hey...can I derail...

Edit...flashback?

Mr. Man took Easton to the aquarium and breakfast last weekend...(like I said, busy) and apparently got some New York looks (aka...WTF is that? A KID???) as he toted little E into Two Chefs and a Table restaurant (yes Mr.Man is brave with the dining...took Easton to La Cirque in New York at 6m old, made friends with the owners and broke NY ground borrowing the owners grandchild's high chair).  

As for Two Chefs...he reports that the food is good (little E concurs - especially the pancakes) and stated that the service could be a little cantankerous, even stated it was a wee little place...but good. He suggests a visit.

The unassuming Two Chefs and a Table


Then the Aquarium. 
Saturdays at the aquarium are busy. 

But he still managed to get this shot. 


I love this kid. Seriously. 


They came home and we made a mad dash to the garden store where he spotted a Venus Fly trap. 


Like his Mommy...he just had to have it. 
Darn it.
He did. 
So we brought it home. 
Super cool.
Super Awesome.
He calls it his "Pet". 
Works for me.


Tried to give baby A some corn that night. 
Nope. 
Forget it. 
Not today.
She was having nothing to do with it. 
NOTHING. 


Sunday was Operation Training Wheels BE GONE!
(message to new parents...get a Run Bike. One more time...GET A RUN BIKE!)
Wish we had...some nostalgic thing made me get little a peddle bike. 
Boo.
Run Bikes are where it is at.
Perfect Grandma and Grandpa gift. 


Ask Mr. Man and his broken back. 


I took this. 
To remind myself that I have good shoes.
Good running shoes. 
Running Erin.
Running. 
Remember? 
Try. 


So moving right along...
Baby A LOVES Mr. Man's old Fisher Price Horse. 
Climbs up on it and loves it. Giggles. Loves it. 
Melt.


 First day of no work and where do we go? We go to my happy, organized, everything has it's place store. 
Ikea. 



Yes.
You know it. 
Mac and Cheese. Giggles, smiles, and Small Land. 
Need I say more.

Thank-you small land and for not having your 
"small land is full" sign up.

Baby A was her usual good little shopper. 
I did some damage...but recall the last post. All the stuff. Limited intake this time. 


Today I did a photo shoot with some friends (insert adorable little peanut here) and then came home to do a bike ride to the market for milk in the bike trailer. 
First ride of the season.


Little E loved it. Baby A...don't let these pictures fool you. 


Let just say...keep the snacks coming. 

Super awesome amazing, wonderful, fun, light, fulfilling ride. Except for baby A's whimpering and tampering with her helmet. 

She sure is cute though huh. 

So after some Hopcotts Steak dinner and first period action (Canucks) we decided to make Rice Crispies.  


Oh ya. Chef Easton works it. 
Don't be afraid to cook with your kid. 
Teach them. 
Guide them.


Well, let then have fun too.


Mmmmm....butter and mallows...need I say more. 


Yes. Add more.


Does this look good? It sure tasted good. 


Little E isn't sure if the Canucks will make it this time.


Add some Rice Crispies...not too many. 


Stir. 
Watch the game. 
Stir. 


Pad. Pad. Pad. 


THEY DID IT! 
Love it. 
Seriously. 
So happy. 
For them. 
The boys. 
The diehards. 
The fans. 
The wagon jumpers. 
Yo. 
Thats me!

WE WON!!


We ate.


We messed. 


We Soccered (is that a word?)


We tossed...


And soccered some more. 

We watered some flowers with our new watering can. 



Then we ran thorough the lawn sprinklers. 

In our underwear. 

(Little E thought that was SO cool..."look at my butt mom. It's Wingo!")


Did i mention I LOVE this kid. I do. 
Immensely. 

I love weekends.

I do.

 I really really do.

Oh and um...I made a rhubarb/strawberry cobbler for tomorrow...the baking thing...got me. 

Always. 


Got Mr. Man too...


Yes.  I got the flour at Costco. 
Made the mistake of buying the "econo" bag. 
Lesson learned. 
Note the industrial bag clips and the scour on Mr.Mans face. 

Added some blueberries to the mix. 
Oh ya. Looking good. 

Looking yummy!


Now...add my topping and viloa...

What? 

Whats that Mr. Man?

Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze is on? 

Again?

Gottta run people...

The Double Deuce calls...I am weak. I am ashamed. 

So go now...go and Play. 

Get out there!! 

Explore. Discover. Live. 

Love.

Oh and see that fire ball in the sky?

The sun? 

Worship it. 

Bow down to it. 

Soak in it. 

Love it.

It is HERE. 

FINALLY.

Peace.

E. 


No comments:

Post a Comment