Thursday 10 March 2011

Honey Bee's

Today we ventured out to the Honeybee Center in Surrey. 




I have heard that they cater to the 5 senses and offer bee hives to look at, equipment to try out, bees to hear, and of course honey to smell and taste. As we pulled into the parking lot my mouth began to salivate. The thought of rich, deep yellow honey drizzled over my morning oatmeal, stirred in my tea, drenched on my yogurt or just straight up from the jar on my tongue was intense.  


*Yummy honey waiting inside*

It was magical...%100 Pure Canadian Honey from wall to wall. Orange Blossom, Sage Blossom, Blueberry, Blackberry, and Cranberry too. As well as the oldies but goodies...White Clover and Fraser Valley Wildflower.  I am a bit of a Honey Nut I suppose {I never knew this until today}and was frothing to try them ALL! 



The best part? 

Wait for it. 

Wait.

You can sample them all. 

As. Many. Times. As. You. Like. 

Unfortunately they only give you a tooth pick to taste and not a spoon. 


Tons of information on storing, preserving, uses and remedies for PURE honey. We enjoyed ourselves. Especially Easton playing with all the bees and bugs in the conveniently located play table. He played, Momma tasted and Avery entertained all the customers with her loud deep growling. 


I took my time selecting the perfect pot. Torn between the Fraser Valley Wild Flower and the Clover. Settled on the Clover. 

Yes, the basic. 

A true classic.

The classics are usually the best, but that will be a whole other post. 

Fun was had by all. We will go back in 2 weeks when my girlfriend and her kids come out from the Island for a spring break visit. $5 to tour the bees and learn. Not bad. Not bad at all.



Off to see "The Fighter" tonight...supposed to be good. 

E.



No comments:

Post a Comment