Sunday 27 March 2011

Spring Break - Going South

This past week was a good one. Spring Break was upon us and that meant several things. Target Shopping, Island visitors, park time, sleeping in time, baking, eating, drinking, talking, laughing, more eating and drinking and more laughing. 

Monday began with a wee road trip. 

Sister and I decided to head down South. We needed a Target (aka Tarjay) fix and hatched a plan to visit several super fun shopping spots without kids for the day.

...wait...let me say that again...

WITH OUT KIDS!!!! 

Oh ya...OH YA. 



When we hit the boarder I usually would have cried because of the 50 min wait, but just relished in the silence. Remember the no kids part? 

FINALLY we crossed the boarder (almost had to leave sister behind in the port-a-potty as the line began moving quickly) and got our first fix. 

Oh ya. Hit me.

Coffee. It was hot. It was good. I finished it all and you know what?  

It was hot right to the last drop. Uh huh. 

It was. 

I didn't need to reheat it once...put it down... lose it...forget about it. Toss it. I didn't have to drink it and pretend it was just a bad iced coffee. 

It was true bliss. I just sipped it, looked out the window and pointed out the cool farm fields. 


We listened to Sisters ipod tunes and pointed out all the the cute little farm houses, shops, stores and everyday oddities that make America different and beautiful.

Then we hit a Walmart. 


Saw this display. 
So beautiful. 

2 containers were missing. 
No we did not partake. 


Although I could have here.
Wouldn't you? I'd drink it at that price. 

In Walmart. 

Amazing. Just amazing. 

We hit TJ Maxx and Ross (Oh my god that place is a dump...I felt like an American Picker in there...digging through the crap to find the glimmering treasure). We both found some gems. Shoes, pots, tops, jammies and even some Cole Hann shoes...too bad they were too big. Wah wah waaaaaaa.

Back in the car in under 20 secs (remember no kids) and off we went to Bellisfair. 

This Mall is hit or miss (we found this trip it was mostly miss), but you never know so we walked the walk. 

Stumbled upon this new store...can't recall the name and Sister found some tops for her upcoming summer trip to Paris. She wasn't happy that I was taking photos of her coming out of the change room.


(Yes she bought it) 


No good pictures of my time in Target.  Except this gem. 

Oh ya. ITS REAL PEOPLE!!!. Only $19.99. 


Tarjay was getting remodelled and was TOTALLY cleaned out. I mean CLEANED OUT PEOPLE. Lame. So lame. So sad.

I still managed to spend some $$ though. 


I know. Why? Nostalgia I suppose. 

Then we decided since it was 8 we should grab some Sushi and head home. Tired. Worn. Defeated. 
I managed to score 2 boxes of McQueen Mac n' Cheese for Mr. E though at $.99 a box.


Ka-chow!!

E

(More Spring Break Madness Reports Tomorrow!)


No comments:

Post a Comment